Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Safuan claimed the officer also forced him to admit that he had damaged a police car during the rally. “When I denied the accusation, the officer struck my face with the metal pipe. He also hit me on my shoulder when I refused to confess,” he said. ‘I was completely stunned’ ..............(VERY ALARMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ABUSE OF POWER AND TORTURING PEOPLE)....




Police tortured me, claims Bersih participant

G Vinod
 | May 15, 2012
A technician alleges he was detained overnight and beaten up after he voluntarily went to the police station to give his statement about his participation in the rally.
PETALING JAYA: A participant in the Bersih 3.0 rally who voluntarily went to a police station yesterday alleged he was detained overnight and tortured when he went in to give a statement.
Mohd Safuan Mamat, 24, lodged a report at the Petaling Jaya district police headquarters at 6pm today, accompanied by Lawyers for Liberty coordinators Fadiah Nadwa Fikri and Afiz M Noor.
Also present were Bersih steering committee members Maria Chin Abdullah and Mandeep Singh.
Earlier at 3pm, Safuan was brought to a Sessions Court in Kuala Lumpur to face two charges.
In the police report, Safuan said that he went on his accord to the Dang Wangi police station yesterday morning, to give a statement on his participation in the Bersih 3.0 rally held on April 28.
Safuan, who works as a technician, claimed that after recording his statement, a plainclothes officer took him to a lock-up behind the station and threatened to detain him if he did not “confess”.
“I was later handcuffed and put [overnight] in a lock-up. Later, another officer, who was in full uniform, came into my cell holding a black metal pipe,” said Safuan.
The technician from Terengganu said the officer asked him whether he was Bersih participant and kicked him on the buttocks till he fell down.
Safuan claimed the officer also forced him to admit that he had damaged a police car during the rally.
“When I denied the accusation, the officer struck my face with the metal pipe. He also hit me on my shoulder when I refused to confess,” he said.
‘I was completely stunned’
Safuan added that after the assault, he was made to change his shirt and was taken to some prisoners who also assaulted him.
“The officer told the prisoners that I was a Bersih participant and one of them slapped me four times. The officer did nothing to stop him,” he alleged.
He said he did not get the name of the officer who assaulted him.
“I was too frightened at the time. I was completely stunned and I couldn’t remember his name,” he said.
Safuan also claimed that while he was taken to the Sessions Court, some officers told him to confess that he had damaged the police car.
Safuan was charged with causing mischief during the disturbances and for not obeying an order of a public servant under Sections 440 and 174 of the Penal Code.
For the first charge, he can be jailed for five years and fined, or both, and for the second charge, he faces a one-month imprisonment and a fine or both.
He was released today after posting a RM1,500 bail.
His court hearing is fixed for June 6.
Meanwhile, Fadiah accused the police of using scare tactics to hunt down Bersih participants.
“The police should have released Safuan after recording his statement and charge him on another day. Instead, they used harsh tactics on him to get a confession,” she said.
This story makes me...
Think (0) Happy (0) Angry (40) Sad (1) Want to Vote (0) Stand Up for My Rights (0)



自首助查反被恐吓和殴打

集会者报警要求调查警员


作者/本刊记者 2012年05月15日 09:00:55 pm



【本刊记者撰述】净选盟3.0集会者莫哈末沙夫安(Mohd Safuan Bin Mamat @ Nordin)昨天到八打灵再也警局自首


协助调查,但他今天报案申诉警察恐吓他敲打警车,并以黑色塑胶管打他的脸部和肩膀,该警员更袖手旁观其他扣


留者掌掴他。

莫哈末沙夫安是在捍卫自由律师团律师法迪亚(Fadiah Nadwa Fikri)和阿菲(Afiq M Noor)、净选盟2.0委员玛丽

亚(Maria Chin Abdullah)和马来西亚人权组织社会传播中心(KOMAS)的曼迪星(Mandeep Singh)陪同下去报


警。

沙夫安在报案书中称,他是在5月14日早上8时到金马警区自首协助调查净选盟3.0集会。之后,金马警区的警员向他


录口供。录供之后,他被带到设在警局后方的扣留所,而一名穿着便衣的警员恐吓他道:“如果你不认罪,去到扣留


所就打你。”





Theresa Tay 分享了 1个链接
www.youtube.com

Electoral reforms pressure group Bersih today hit out at the police manhunt 

targeting those who attended its rally last month and the alleged brutal 


treatmen...
 ·  ·  · 约1小时前 ·