Sunday, September 11, 2011

tunku at overseas......also afraid of dictatorship

You’ve Got a Lousy Blog …
Posted on July 11, 2011 by tunkuhalim| 5 Comments
A friend recently said to me, “You’ve got a lousy blog!”

I was taken aback. “Why do you say that?”

“Well,” he wheezed. “You talk about lots of stuff. But no Malaysian politics lah.”

“I try to avoid politics.”

“Eh, why is that? People want to read about politics.”

“Very simple. I don’t want to get ISA-ed.”

“Aiyah, you’re a Tunku. You don’t have to worry about that.”

“Eh friend, being a Tunku is nothing these days. Just ask Raja Petra.”

“He’s a Raja lah. You’re a Tunku.”

“They’re the same thing. Anyway, being overseas it’s not so easy to keep in touch with the local situation.”

“You’re making excuses. It’s all online. You can comment, you know. There’s so much happening. There’s the Bersih rally that just happened. Elections are coming up too.”

“I’m afraid I’m not much good at politics.”

“Eh, don’t bullshit lah. There’s so much you can talk about. There’s all this race stuff. There’s government control of the media. The Anwar trial. There’re people falling off buildings. Then there’s corruption and more corruption and even more corruption …”

“Hey, I think you’re repeating yourself!”

“No, no … the first corruption is about government officials accepting bribes. The second one is corruption in the private sector. You know payoffs from suppliers. The third is corruption in the family.”

“What do you mean by corruption in the family?”

“Aiyah, I’m talking about affairs, sexual encounters, and all that sort of thing.”

“Eh, I don’t see how corruption can lead to extra-marital encounters.”

“Very simple. Accepting bribes leads to corruption of the soul. It destroys virtue. Kills everything that’s good and kind. Naturally, this leads to corruption in the family.”

“You know, you’re so idealistic. Anyway, are you saying everyone in Malaysia is having an affair?”

“No lah. But I’m saying a lot of people are!”

“So now you know why I don’t want to blog about politics.”

“Why?”

“Because I’ll have to write about sex!”

“Very funny. If you want to be relevant then you must discuss politics.”

“Okay, okay. I’ll write about politics one day.”

“Great! Make it soon, ah?”

“Sure. Just don’t forget to visit me in Kamunting.”

“No problem. Anyway, you’re a Tunku. They’ll give you special food.”

“Yeah, like hell.”

Share this:
Like this:
Like
Be the first to like this post.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.
5 RESPONSES TO YOU’VE GOT A LOUSY BLOG …

ted mahsun | July 11, 2011 at 3:57 am | Reply
Politics and food. Traits of a typical, generic Malaysian blog. Not sure if I like this direction you’re taking, Tunku!

Shahrul | July 11, 2011 at 8:49 am | Reply
A sure am glad I persisted right to the end. Love the “…you’re a Tunku. They’ll give special food.” Classy.

Nah. You are better off not touching politics.

HHalem | July 12, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Reply


Don’t you ever listen to that friend of yours.
Once you touch politics, it will destroy your soul.
Gone are yr uniqueness.

Better stick to what you do best, ie avoiding politics.

Halem

tunkuhalim | July 13, 2011 at 1:39 am | Reply
Ted – I shun typical generic stuff … so don’t worry!

Shahrul – I love classy food! (not sure what it’d be like in Kamunting though!)

HHalem – Sometimes friends can be our worse enemies!

Daniel | July 20, 2011 at 9:34 am | Reply
Dear all, I think the 709 rally has nothing to do with politic, it is all about showing the govt the people’s desire to have a fair and transparent electoral system, and for that matter, to me, if the govt is fair, I dun give a damn who becomes the govt.


http://tunkuhalim.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/you%E2%80%99ve-got-a-lousy-blog-%E2%80%A6/